Chelsea is on the verge of losing N’Golo Kante on a free in the 2023 summer transfer. As major news outlets has reported, the French midfielder is far from having agreement with his club.
However, Chelsea wants to build a younger team and will mostly want to get a young midfielder(s) instead of depending on Kante even though the player is ever willing to stay at London and be with the Blues.
Kante’s presence in the Chelsea’s team has always been a question. Missing a lot of crucial matches due to injury. And a transfer for him to leave will be a reasonable decision despite he has always been the engine of the midfield for Chelsea. But can Chelsea depend on him for a season? He’s turning into an injury prone player, getting injured when he plays two to three matches in a row.
For his replacement, the Chelsea board are ever ready to hold talks with the clubs and agents of both Jude Bellingham and Declan Rice. Few other options will be considered as well.
Opinions of some Chelsea fans on whether Kante should leave or stay
- I respect the fact that, Kante should be made to hang his boot at Chelsea.
- He is one of the players we love most in the Chelsea team but always gets injured. For me, it’s a yes, he should stay.
- He is overused. And we begin to gnash our teeth for his replacement. He has done what he can do best for the team and the fans.
- We will regret to let him go. He still has a lot more to offer and he deserves much respect.
- Just let him go, and gets his replacement. This is because of his injury records and he hasn’t been consistent for the team for some seasons now.
- An injured Kante is more efficient that the others we have.
Being injured prior to the start of the season, N’Golo is now back and has started training. He’s among the players traveling to Dubai to have a mid-season training.
Chelsea squad in Abu Dhabi: Kepa, Bettinelli, Beach, Humphreys, Gilchrist, Chalobah, Rankine, Brooking, Chilwell, James, Cucurella, Fofana, Hall, Casadei, Webster, Elliott, Jorginho, Kante, Loftus-Cheek, Chukwuemeka, Hutchinson, Mothersille, Burstow, Aubameyang, Broja.
Those at the World Cup will join them later. They will play few friendly matches before the EPL starts on the 18th December.
And even though they willing to let him go on free, Graham Potter, the manager will also have a major impact in this. Kante stays if he really wants him and decides to keep him in his plans. Otherwise, he will be a free agent in the next summer transfer. Barcelona, Paris Saint Germain, Manchester United are among the clubs interested in the player.